Sunday, March 15, 2009

Tourism

Well these 2 days (Sunday and Monday) are and will be centered more around tourism. We went to Victoria Falls today and then a wild game park tomorrow (Monday). This is definately amazing stuff, but very surreal because of the desire and focus to want to go into the village and be with the families and kids. Although this did not happen because of the rains Monday, it will start on Tuesday afternoon until Friday afternoon. We have been driving through the culture and experiencing the joy of the people of Zambia. Great stuff.
I find myself getting frustrated with God, and wondering why we cant get into the village because of rains. Darn it, You control the rains and can dry up the roads and get us there. Then I realize in my silly state, that God does not "need" me to accomplish what He needs done in these villages. He desires me to be "willing and able" to do the things He asks of us. Well I am willing and able, so I know that the conclusion to this week will be AWESOME. I am very anxious for Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes we need to remember that our purposes are not God's. You may feel that it is super important "work" that you are going to do in Africa, when in fact God's work may be mainly done ON YOU. Perhaps he means for you to just relax and enjoy his creation, while gaining a greater appreciation for the blessings you've been given, both personally and generally as an American. Be patient, and keep your eyes open to what God is doing for you, not only through you.

    ReplyDelete