Friday, March 13, 2009

Flight to London (11hr flight)

3/12/09
Well I am sitting on the plane about to land in London. This 11hr flight was not as bad as I expected, as I was able to sleep 7hrs of it. I can honestly say that I still don’t know what I am in store for, I still am thinking about the comforts of Western society. How can I charge my phone, my laptop does not have enough battery power and these seats are tighter than I expected. I wonder if the children that I will encounter in Africa 14hrs from now, ever waste a minute of their lives worrying about those things. Instead they worry about… where will my next meal come from, does anyone love me and what my parents looked like. My prayer is that these children see the love that I have for my heavenly Father. It will be the common language that we share… unconditional love.
Just think of the difference between 24hrs of flight time, and it probably does not even need to be across the world to find. My kids worry about what is “mine” and not “yours”, where as these kids from Africa think, I don’t have much at all, and whats “mine” is “yours”. I have this feeling deep down that Africa is going to teach me a lot. I just read 2 Samuel 5, about David becoming King over all of Israel. Interesting thing is that he was anointed King 15 yrs prior to actually becoming King. I think that God has a plan for me and my family, but it must be His timing and not mine. I can honestly say I want to see it NOW and get on with it, but I must look to be patient because God definitely has some work to do on my heart. Well, it is that time to shut the laptop and “begin the descent into London”. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment