Saturday, March 21, 2009

Home by River / Bridge

There was a home by the bridge that was washed out that needs some explanation. First thing you must know is that Africa is very clean, and I believe they take pride in appearances. They are also dressed nice and their land and homes are also very clean and picked up. But in this home property there was a home where they slept, a hut where they had the kitchen, some sitting place under a beautiful tree, a garden that my wife and brother in law would be very jealous of and pins for chickens and goats. They seriously live off the land. They rely on the land and God to provide food for them. I can truly say that I found myself jealous of this situation, of which you may find offensive or confusing, which I don’t intend to do just sharing what was on my heart. I find myself relying on me for food, shelter and fine things in the states… that it is me that “provides” for my family. I became jealous of another way, that is all. There was no satellite dish, internet connection, phone ringing, playstation playing, just a family enjoying each others company. I get a feeling that because of the solace in this place they hear God, and that they become very good listeners to everything. Something that I know I am lacking and would love to wrap my arms around.

No comments:

Post a Comment