Saturday, March 21, 2009

Best Experiences of My Life

3/18/09
This day would rank as one of the best in my lifetime, and I say that for many reasons. Some of which would be impossible to write in English words, as I find myself struggling with expressing what I feel and what God has laided on my heart. The day started with breakfast and devotions with the guys I am here with, which I really enjoy since the men on this trip (Dan Gutwein, Mike Priest, Dan Roberts, Doug Fougnies and Dana (from World Vision) are all guys that I have gained a lot of respect for and proud to spend time with). We then traveled to the Sinazongwae ADP (Area Development Project) that World Vision runs in the community. We were to have devotional time with the staff from the ADP, of which had already started when we arrived. Now this was crazy… I walk in to a group of 10 Zambians singing the hymn “How Great Thou Art”. Now I remember singing hymns when I was young at our church, and I did not enjoy hymns at all!! But this was moving… I started singing as soon as I walked in and it truly felt like I belong amongst them. I chose a seat next to one of them, so I could introduce myself and get to know one more person. Little did I know that I sat next to the Reverend who was going to teach the devotional that morning, and boy did he ever preach. This was one of the most moving messages I had ever heard (no offense Cal, but this guy was good). He spoke about positive thinking and believing that certain things would happen and ask God because by God they will come true. He used the passage in 1 Samuel 16 about King David going against Goliath and how Goliath had a spear, sword and shield and King David went against him with God Almighty. David was not afraid since God had delivered him from Lions and Bears and now He would deliver him from this Philisitine (Goliath). It made me want to get up and conquer the day which we started on when he was done. I could have listened to this preacher for hours, as he was very passionate and charismatic. They rest of the day I will blog with each specific event.

No comments:

Post a Comment