Friday, March 13, 2009

Flight to Johanesburg (10hr flight)

3/13/09
Just before getting on the plane to Johanesburg, I found out that a friend and customer in the collision industry lost his life the night before. This guy held a special place in my heart and I was very sad to hear of the news. My prayers and thoughts are with his wife and children as they try and deal with life without him in it. I know that God has plans for all things that happen, and His glory will be revealed. I just hope that I am part of that when it comes to him.
This flight has been a difficult 10hrs, as I got a window seat and felt very much like a caged animal for the last 3 hrs of the flight. I surely can not wait to get off of the plane. I still don’t even know what to expect, but know that that time is coming within the next 8hrs. we have a 5hr layover, then a 2hr flight into Lusaka, Zambia to begin the journey. I definitely feel disconnected from work, which is a very good thing for me. as I know I wont be thinking about work for the next 11 days. The focus will be on these kids, and trying to see their hearts through their eyes. Looking forward to some powerful pictures that I will post shortly.
I am starting to miss Lindsay and the kids, but know that I am accomplishing something for the family and that makes me very proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment