Friday, March 13, 2009

Arrival in Lusaka, Zambia

3/13/09
We have finally arrived in Lusaka, Zambia after 40hrs of travel. To say that I am worn out would be an understatement. Mike Priest and I are finally in our room and trying to get situated. Question, why cant all of the plugs be the same. South Africa had some weird electrical plug and now the Zambia plug is different then that one. Funny stuff. We are staying in a nice hotel even for the United States. Dan says that it is the nicest hotel in Lusaka. We have met the guys that will be traveling with us throughout the country the next week. Victor is the name of the leader, and Chanda is the name of our driver. They both are very nice and polite and seem really excited to show us their country and that we are here to hang out with them.
All of the preparation for this trip has ended, and the journey is about to begin tomorrow morning. We are 9 hrs ahead of AZ time, which makes it really fun (I feel like it is 10pm at night, but it is the middle of the day here.) it is currently 4pm, and the nights plan is… skype the family when I get the internet working, shower, nap, dinner, then fall asleep to prepare for our day tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. What a great adventure. You are in my prayers all day long. I look forward to your blog and hearing about all you will be doing. Love Auntie M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt...
    Looking forward to following along. We just had one of our youth from church return from South Africa on a Mission of Peace program.
    Blessings to you and your ministry...
    Rick H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shoot, I wanted to be the first to comment...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm praying for you, my brother! I can't wait to hear the things that God teaches you and lays on your heart on this trip!

    ReplyDelete