Saturday, March 21, 2009

River Knocks Bridge Out

As we were traveling to visit the Chief in the area, we came up on a bridge that had been washed out by a river that was overrun by rain water. So we parked the truck and got out to realize that a bunch of people had showed up to this bridge to observe what was happening and take it in. There were about 15 kids that I could not stay away from, so I grabbed my video camera and started to film them. I have a video camera that has a small screen that folds out from the side and then you can turn that around so the person can see what is being filmed. Now this was a HUGE hit with the kids. They loved seeing themselves and their friends on camera and what starts as being very shy and timid about what this white man wants, turns to smiles and joy when they see their faces. I have also taught the universal greeting on the “Nugs” and “Fist pound”, as they all are quick to join in on that act. Honey – I have also shown them how to explode the fist pound, like our friend Jesse. This was widely accepted and enjoyed by the kids. I just had a blast for about 45 minutes talking and playing with these kids. Amazing stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment