Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hotels in Zambia

Okay guys. If you ever walk into a hotel room and see "decorations" hanging above the bed like these in the picture... you may not be the only one occupying the room for the night. Now you may think I am joking, but the only reason for that is you have never slept in a net wrapped around your whole bed and tucked under the mattress. This way no spiders, mosquitos or beetles can get into your bed and bite you. Word of caution though... check your net throughly, if you have hole in net, then they will find the hole and get into your bed. Also, make sure when you prepare the net around the bed, you don't trap a "friend" in the bed with you. That would be a horrible experience! Since I am rooming with Survivor Man himself, Mike Priest, I decided to watch his approach on handling this "friend" situation. First he turned the A/C onto "stun" mode... according to "MIKE", mosquitos don't like it cold. Which explains why they live in Zambia, which is hot and humid. Mike also gave me the suggestion to not "trap" the friends in the bed with me and check the bed for any spiders. Now, that is weird, and here is why. When camping, I expect bugs and stuff to crawl in the tent, etc. But when you are at a nice hotel, they DON'T belong there!!! So checking my foam bed, with comforter and "throw" pillows for bugs is just beyond me. Honey, looking forward to this experience with you in the future.
So you get in your sleeping clothes, spray deet all over your body, pull down your sheets and check for bugs, tuck the net around 90% of the mattress, climb through that hole left, tuck the final 10% so your enclosed, get into bed and fall asleep with "no worries". Fun times in Africa!!!

7 comments:

  1. How are the mosquitos and stuff during the day? Those thiungs typcially eat me up, like in Alaska. I must taste good or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fine during the day... have not noticed them at all. wearing "jungle juice" all day and night

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Blessed be Your name, Lord God, for ever and ever, For wisdom and power belong to You. You change the times and the seasons; You raise up kings and depose them. You give wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding. You reveal deep and hidden things; You know what is in darkness, and light dwells with you." Daniel 2:20-22
    Be strong and courageous my brothers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am laughing out loud picturing Lindsay checking her bed for "friends". Way too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really think you should be wearing this stuff? Hmmmmm

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jungle_juice

    ReplyDelete
  6. and hopefully you dont have to get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night....I am so thanksful there are people like you willing to do this... i could never :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am laughing out loud, not thinking about Lindsay checking her bed, but Matt. I have camped with this guy and I am sure that was a fun sight to see. Steve Balsley

    ReplyDelete